STONY DRY CLEANERS is open and fully operational at present as Dry Cleaners and Laundries are goverment designated ‘ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES’. This is because cleanliness and hygiene are key during a pandemic.
The safety of our staff and customers our is of top priority. We have implemented strict protocols and government-recommended health guidelines
We are offering a full range of dry cleaning, laundry and ironing as usual but we have reduced opening hours. These are posted on our website and our facebook page (these are kept up to date at all times)
4th January 2021
Lockdown 3.0 The new varient has caused increased concern and as such we find ourselves in a new lockdown situation.
Our hours have been amended and can be found at the bottom of this page. Although we remain open we recommend our customers ‘stay at home’ and book a Free Collection & Delivery.
21st December 2020
Milton Keynes moves to Tier 4 :- we will remain open.
2nd November 2020
Lockdown 2.0 we will continue to be open during the latest lockdown.
19th May 2020We now offer complete contactless collection and delivery service with the addition of our new card payment service where you can pay on delivery from a text link on your own mobile phone. Ask when booking for details.
13th May 2020We have installled a perspex screen at the counter, the type of which you find at the supermarket. Details can be found : –Here We have introduced a number of measures to safeguard our Customers and Staff; these are detailed below.
Procdures we are following:-
To ensure the safety of our Staff and Customers:-
In The Shop
- Not to enter the shop if there is another Customer in the shop.
- To keep a 2 metre distance from any Customer exiting the shop.
- Not to enter the shop if showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (Customer or Staff)
- We will clean all parts of the shop Customers have touched after visit including door handle.
- We are regually disinfecting the whole shop with Ozone
- Staff will wash hands regularly.
- A screen has been installed at the counter to protect Customers and Staff.
Free Collection & Delivery
- Our drivers will maintain 2 metre distance at all times and will also be wearing gloves.
- We have new contactless payment methods.
- Drivers will ring door bell or text once at the customers house and retire to 2+metre distance while the customer places the item ouside the door in a sealed bag; once the customer has closed the door the item will be picked up.
- All incoming items and outgoing items will be kept separate.
- A textile friendly disinfectant will be added to all laundry washes, and dry cleaning by its very nature disinfects.
- Where possible ozone (a gas that can destroy bacteria and viruses) will be used to as a disinfectant.
- On delivery items will be hung on a foldable rail at the customers front door, allowing the driver to retire 2 metres and the customers to take in their item. Once the customer has closed the door the driver will remove the rail.