STONY DRY CLEANERS is open at present as Dry Cleaners and Laundries are goverment designated ‘ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES’. This is because cleanliness and hygiene are key during a pandemic.
We are offering a full range of dry cleaning, laundry and ironing as usual but, we have reduced opening hours. These are posted on our website and our facebook page (these are kept upto date at all times)
19th May 2020
We now offer complete contactless collection and delivery service with the addition of our new card payment service where you can pay on delivery from a text link on your own mobile phone. Ask when booking for details.
13th May 2020
We have installled a perspex screen at the counter, the type of which you find at the supermaraket.
We have introduced a number of measures to safeguard our Customers and Staff; these are detailed below.
22nd April 2020
To ensure the safety of our Staff and Customers we ask:-
In The Shop
- Not to enter the shop if there is another Customer in the shop.
- To keep a 2 metre distance from any Customer exiting the shop.
- Not to enter the shop if showing any symptoms of Covid-19 (Customer or Staff)
- We will clean all parts of the shop Customers have touched after visit including door handle.
- Staff will wash hands regularly.
- A screen has been installed at the counter to protect Customers and Staff.
Free Collection & Delivery
- Our drivers will maintain 2 metre distance at all times and will also be wearing gloves.
- Drivers will ring door bell or text once at the customers house and retire to 2+metre distance while the customer places the item ouside the door in a sealed bag; once the customer has closed the door the item will be picked up.
- All incoming items and outgoing items will be kept separate.
- A textile friendly disinfectant will be added to all laundry washes, and dry cleaning by its very nature disinfects.
- Where possible ozone (a gas that can destroy bacteria and viruses) will be used to as a disinfectant.
- On delivery items will be hung on a foldable rail at the customers front door, allowing the driver to retire 2 metres and the customers to take in their item. Once the customer has closed the door the driver will remove the rail.
Continuing to support NHS Staff!
FREE NHS uniform cleaning
Stony Dry Cleaners will process all NHS staff uniforms FREE of charge and any dry cleaning or general laundry at 50% Off as a Thankyou for their hard work at this difficult time – Present your NHS Staff ID.