In these Terms & Conditions, “we” means Stony Dry Cleaners and “you” means you – our very important customer.
– All prices are subject to change from time to time
– Payment needs to be made to us in full before we can release items back to you
– We reserve the right to suspend servicing you if old orders remain unpaid
2. DROPPING OFF ITEMS
You will be given a till ticket. Check the ticket order as count and description is final.
We will require a completed and signed Customer Consent Form to authorise the processing of any item that we consider a risk. We also request this form to be completed for processing – curtains, rugs, leather and suede, wedding/ beaded/evening dresses, and or other household or non-clothing items.
3. COLLECTING ITEMS
Lost tickets will require ID, and you will need to sign for the order collected.
Check your order is complete in the shop-no liability for missing items once you leave.
Uncollected items may be disposed of after 90 days. We will not be held liable for any loss that you may suffer in such an event.
4. GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
Sorry but we cannot be liable for:
- (a) Any item which suffers colour loss / shrinkage/ damage, during the cleaning process, whereby the manufacturer’s care label instructions have been adhered to
- (b) Any feather / down filled item
- (c) Any accessory attached to or contained within any item. An “accessory” means (but is not limited to) belts, buckles, buttons, broaches, beading, painted logos, leather trims, furs, signs, zips, hoods, collars and inner linings.
- (d) Any item which is damaged by any accessory on that item
- (e) In the event that any garment / item is lost / damaged by us and is part of a set E.G. two piece suit / furnishings / curtains / upholstery / laundry, We will only compensate for that lost / damaged item that is documented on the customers ticket. We will not compensate for retrospective value of set loss / damage.
- (f) Any item that does not show cleaning instructions
- (g) Any item that has deliberate crinkles or creased effects on the fabric which are removed during our cleaning process
- (h) Any item with faulty adhesives or interfacing which leave a mark after cleaning
- (i) Any item which, due to wear and tear or due to its integral nature, is unable to withstand an industrial laundered or dry-cleaned process
- (j) Curtains, blinds (venetian, roman) – For the avoidance of doubt we are not responsible for the following:
- – Glued-on trims – many adhesives will not withstand the solvents used in cleaning, especially if affected by exposure to light or if more than one year old
- – Tassels – these may have been weakened by the effects of light
- – Tie-backs – many of these are not designed to be dry-cleaned. Some are stiffened with plastic liners and often glued during make-up for ease of manufacture
- – Weights in the bottoms of curtains – these can be small, round, lead weights or chains that can do untold damage during cleaning as they are smashed against the cage sides during the tumbling action. Customer must remove if possible
- – Swags and tails – these are often cut on the cross (bias) to aid the drape. They can be pulled out of shape during cleaning.
- – Silver and gold painted designs – most pigments only adhere lightly to the surface of the fabric and can be lost during cleaning. Some may survive the first or second clean, but loss can be progressive over each clean, depending on the amount of mechanical action they are subjected to. Please be aware we are not responsible for this loss
- – Flocked velvet may change in nature and become hardened
- – Watermarks contained within the fabric – May not be possible to be removed during cleaning
- – Old or Poor Stitching – May loosen during cleaning
- – Weakened Fabric as a result of ultra violet light exposure – May only be noticeable after they are taken down. Weak fabric may be damaged during cleaning
- – Shrinkage – In the cleaning process may be up to 10%. Stretching post-cleaning may restore some of this length, but they may relax over time.
- (k) Household items (duvets, bedspreads, upholstery covers), leather and suede items
Please note that adhesives, defects and faults which were previously camouflaged in manufacture may become more apparent after the cleaning process, and although every care is taken, we cannot always disguise natural flaws or totally remove adhesives, or stretching techniques employed by the manufacturer. These items may “age” after cleaning. All items are therefore only accepted by us for cleaning at your own risk.